I have made Anubis available free of charge for non commercial application
over the past few years, however maintenance work and feature enhancements do
take me away from paying work. If you find Anubis useful then please consider
making a donation which will allow me to cover the cost of mundane expenses like
web connection, development tools and mortgage!
If you wish to use Anubis in a commercial situation and/or require specific
feature enhancements please
contact me for
licensing options and/or costing for specific commercial enhancements.
Latest Version of Anubis 2.1 - 30 April 2009
Version 2.1.1 - 27 May 2009
- Latest Perl script, thanks to
- Latest Groovy script, thanks to Robert Fielding
Version 2.1 - 30 April 2009
- Fixed problem with schedules displaying an hour ahead in Anubis Player in
the UK during British Summer Time if the file was still being recorded by Anubis
- Added support for multi line descriptions in schedule text file format by
using <br> to force line breaks in the description: element
- Includes updated Perl script from Paul Davey and new Groovy script from
Robert Fielding to download BBC schedule files
Version 2.0 - 18 December 2008
- Now builds with Visual Studio 2008
- The BBC have shutdown the what's on pages Anubis used to acquire schedules.
In order to make schedule acquisition more open Anubis has introduced a text
format for schedules. Anubis player will attempt to find the .ash file for
the corresponding .wav file in the database directory. If the file cannot
be found it will try looking for a txt file of the form YYYYMMDD.txt e.g.
for 18th December 2008 the file would be 20081218.txt. The file is expected
to contain three lines per schedule entry in the following format:
title:A program about something
description:The synopsis of the program
- Includes Paul Davey's Perl script to download the new format BBC
schedules and create Anubis txt based schedule files
Version 1.9 - 27 October 2005
- Fixed DigiGuide parser (DigiGuide changed web page format).
- Added additional radio stations to BBC web page parser.
Version 1.8 - 21 August 2004
- Added ID3 tags to exported MP3 files.
- Added Play List tool bar buttons to move entries up and down list.
- In / Out edit dialog (double click on play list entry) now includes
editing for supported ID3 tags.
- Play list file format includes new ID3 tag info (old play lists still
Version 1.7 - 27 January 2004 (Not released on web)
- Improved resilience to corrupt wav files (e.g. files not closed correctly)
by stopping chunk search at first unrecognised chunk name.
Version 1.6 - 31 March 2003
- Fixed a bug in Anubis Player which caused the current day's schedule to
display one hour earlier than correct when daylight saving is active and
automatic clock adjustment is enabled.
Version 1.5 - 22 March 2003
- Fixed a bug in the automatic schedule getter routine (wasn't saving the
- Changed senders name from Anubis to [email protected] when sending
mail reports from Anubis. Some SMTP mail servers require a valid domain name
and will reject the mail if a DNS lookup on the supplied name fails.
Version 1.4 - 19 March 2003
- Schedule fetching is now done by the recorder. Player uses schedules from
the database directory if they exist but no longer fetches them if they don't.
Schedules now have the form yyyymmdd.ash rather than .sch format based on .wav
file name. The internal format is the same.
- Fixed OpenFile dialog failure on Win98 caused by .NET recompile.
- Added File, Open Schedule... option mainly for debugging.
- Added support for Windows XP style when running on XP.
- Removed a lot of unused code originally intended for label printing.
- The Find dialog can now be accessed from the main Menu bar under the edit
- Added new Schedule Options Dialog to support forward reading rather than
- Improved schedule reading error reporting and fixed problem with the
Digiguide reduced (free) schedule format. Added support for BBC Radio 2, 4 and
7 using the 'public' forward schedule pages.
- Added Reporting Options Dialog to support mailing error reports
specifically schedule parsing errors and record start exceptions.
- Setting changes are now saved immediately rather than on close for better
Version 1.3 - 13 Dec 2002
- Reworked in/out dialog logic to fix problems at midnight rollover (2nd
- Required change to playlist file format.
- Increased default play buffers from 8 to 16 for better net performance.
- Removed file, test option.
Version 1.2 - 20 Nov 2002
- Built under Visual Studio .NET.
- Added schedule provider dialog and parsing support for BBC and DIGIGUIDE.
- Fixed bugs in play list trim dialog - handling of times after midnight and
maintaining adjusted times on subsequent edits.
- Built under Visual Studio .NET.
- Fixed 48k and added 96k sample rates on audio cards supporting them.
- Only display recorder close dialog if actually recording.
Version 1.1 - 14 Dec 1999