- I would do the whole tour again - but spend at least a week in each
only a few hours in a city is ridiculous, almost a discourtesy to the places
- The white bread we have in England tastes of cardboard.
- Chocolate in England is an insipid paste. (Yes I know we're used to it, but
continental chocolate is really good!)
- Being on the move for 19 days is exhausting!
- A basic familiarisation of European history before I went would have been useful.
- You do need a passport to cross each border. (Except Sweden to Denmark where
there was no check made.)
- We achieved our aim: to have a pint in each of the 8 new EU accession countries.
All images © N G Hubbard June 2004